Monday, March 3, 2014

Day 1 of skate in AZ

The first sesh was at Tempe skatepark.
Almost right away I hurt my ankle.
Oh joy.
But I'm a champ so I kept skating. ;)


Super fun flow bowl where one can get fast lines and fast grinds. I would love more flow bowls in the Denver area.

Here I am pretending to be a street skater:

Fun times with this crew! :)
Mike, Carl, Jean, Sammy and I.

After that skate we went to an Arc silent auction fundraiser which was a last minute gig for Jean. She sang in the band! 

We clean up nicely:

And there was a lot of food and drinks to sample. I ate ALMOST 4 cupcakes. I love cupcakes. I decided I like this wine:

And Natalie showed up to hang out! :)

After the gig, we went to McDowell Mountain Ranch in North Scottsdale.
When we arrived, I realized I had left my purse at the event. No big deal, hopefully it turns up and we will just skate while we wait to hear if it's been found! ;)


I totally hated this park at first and it took a while to warm up to, but then the Zueners showed up to play and I got my stoke on. Brighton was boosting airs in the bowl and I haven't tried airs in forever so I decided to try my airs. They were little but I am slowly getting them back. I haven't been skating big bowls since August because I'm scurred, but seeing Natalie (my age) and Jean (more wise age) kill it inspired me to get back at it. Because they rule.

Natalie, Me, Jean, Bridget, Brighton, Jack, Jason 

Pretending to be a street skater again:


No comments:

Post a Comment